Remembrance


Today I went exploring my cupboard, which is full of ancient dust. I chanced upon my old photo albums, most of which were taken when I was young. Going through all these, I realised time pass very fast when you aren't paying attention. My childhood, my early teenage years, the times spent with my family and friends. Within the past ten years, alot has changed. My grandfather passed away, so did my grandmother from my father's side. We moved house in 1991, from Bishan to Jurong, I parted with friends in both Pirmary and secondary schools. A lot has passed since then. Both happy and sorrowful, they are still part of my memories. Much as I want to re-live them, I can't. What has passed, has passed. You cannot make time go backwards. Thus, the question is, "How can they be better remembered?" Any way possible? Perhaps. The thing is, I have never cherished what I had in the past, thinking they would last forever. When my grandma passed away, I did not understand why my relatives were crying. I was young then. Now, thinking of it, I wished I could have done better. I could have spend more time with my grandma before she died. That very thought make me feel regretful. Then again, if that incident hasd not happened, I probably would still be that very rude and uncaring brat who likes to whine and complain. Sigh... time passed very fast indeed. I feel nostalgic for the past. It makes up part of my life. It is what that is made up of me. haha... Regrets are for those who can't let go of the past. Embrace the future we must. Arghh.... Moral of the story? Cherish your past. Though you must let go of it, remember it well, cause it is part of you.

felt a little blue at 6:18 AM,
0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about

Don't feel blue... I am sorry if you're sad... that's so sad... *patpat*
Name: Melvin
DOB: 11/06/1987
School: YJC
Location: Singapore
Address: Wouldn't you like to know! Stalker!

archives

August 2005
April 2009
September 2009
October 2009

links

Jessica
Marie
Pinky
Zhi Hao
Honx
CQ
My 3rd blog: Poems I have written

taggie

<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/nodern03/towhereyouare.wma" loop=true>

credits

Found at: blogskins
Hosted by: blogger

original layout

Ma Vie En Bleu by Araglas